The refund policy is an inseparable part of our customer terms, however for reasons of clarity, we provided the section related to cancellations on this page. You can view the full customer terms and website terms by clicking here.
YOUR RIGHTS TO CANCEL THE SERVICES CONTRACT
You have the right to cancel the Services contract in the following scenarios and subject to the conditions in these OptimallyMe Customer Terms:
29. Subject to clause 30, you will have no right to cancel the Services contract and receive a refund if we have made available the Results and Recommendations via your Account dashboard within 21 days of the day after we have accepted your order (or within 60 days if test you bought was a DNA test) pursuant to clause 13; as we and the Laboratory would have fully performed the Services contract as it relates to your order. This provision will apply in a similar manner to each subsequent re-test that you request and order we accept.
30. If you have a right to cancel the Services contract and wish to do so, you must email us at email@example.com with details of your order (including the date it was accepted, your name and any order reference number we provided to you) and a clear statement that you wish to cancel your Services contract, in either case before the expiry of the 21 day period (or before the expiry of the 60 day period if the test you bough was a DNA test) referred to in clause 29. For subscription Customers, you can cancel your Services contract through the website at any time.
31. If you cancel a Services contract within this 21-day period (or within this 60 day period if the test you bought was a DNA test), you will (subject to any deduction permitted by law – as detailed in clause 32 below) receive a refund for all money paid by you for the Service contract. The refund will be made as soon as reasonably possible, but not later than 21 days after the date on which we were informed about your decision to cancel the Services contract. We will reimburse you using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction unless you expressly agree otherwise.
32. We reserve the right to deduct the following reasonable amounts which we consider to be in proportion to what Services have been performed up until the point you communicate cancellation to us:
(a) If your blood sample has been received by the Laboratory before the date that we receive notice of your decision to cancel the Services contract, but you have not yet received the Report, we will refund you 10% of the relevant Service price; or
(b) If you have not sent your blood sample to the Laboratory for testing before the date that we receive notice of your decision to cancel the Services contract, we will refund you the relevant Service price less £10.00. The £10.00 is used to cover the costs of the Kit and postage. The kit can be disposed of by recycling the card and placing the rest in general waste. All other circumstances will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. In any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
33. Apart from your cancellation rights above:
(a) if you inform us and can demonstrate that the Kit received is within reason damaged or defective, you will be entitled to a replacement or, where we are unable to send you a replacement Kit within a reasonable time, a refund of the relevant Service price; and
(b) if the Service is not otherwise carried out to the standard outlined in clause 11, you can require repeat performance or, where we or the Laboratory are unable to perform the repeat Services within a reasonable time, a refund of an appropriate amount.
34. Nothing in these OptimallyMe Customer Terms will affect any statutory or other rights you are entitled to by law
OUR RIGHT TO CANCEL THE SERVICES CONTRACT
35. We may end the Services contract at any time by written notice to you if:
(a) you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us or the Laboratory to provide the Services;
(b) you do not, within a reasonable time, allow the Laboratory to deliver the Kit to you; or
(c) you do not, within the time period referred to in clause 22, send your blood sample to the Laboratory.
36. If we end the Services contract in circumstances set out in clause 35, we will (on behalf of the Laboratory, as appropriate) refund any money you have paid in advance for Services that have not been provided, but we may at our sole discretion deduct or charge you a reasonable amount as compensation for costs we and/or the Laboratory have incurred or will incur as a result of ending the Services contract, including any extra work that is required as a result of the circumstances set out in clause 35.