At-home blood test kits have revolutionised the way we monitor our health. They offer a convenient and accessible means of gathering valuable health information, from hormone levels to overall wellness markers. It's our first step in helping you reach optimal health.
If you've purchased a test kit and haven't read our article: "How can I guarantee the best results from my kit?", now's the time: it will guide you on how to take your test correctly - from activation to sample collection - to ensure accuracy and reliability in your results. You can also watch our instructional video which provides step-by-step guidance on how to use your kit correctly.
However, as a female, achieving accurate results requires following more specific guidelines.
To get the most accurate results:
- You should schedule taking your at-home blood test for either the second or third day after your period (menstrual bleeding) has started.
- However, if either of those days falls on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, take your sample on any other day in the first week of your period instead.
- You should always take your blood test sample from Monday to Thursday and send it on the same day you take it, so your sample reaches our labs in the best condition for testing.
- If you take your sample during the first week of your period as directed, make sure you also select that you are in your “follicular phase” when completing your personal assessment quiz – we need to know the phase you were in when you took your sample for accurate results.
- If you’re currently going through menopause or are post-menopausal, you can take the test at any stage in your cycle, Monday to Thursday.
Our number one tip is to follow the instructions closely and carefully while making sure to take your time collecting your sample.
All clear on how to get the best results from your Female At-Home Test Kit? As your health ally, we're here every step of the way. For any questions or assistance, drop by optimallyme.com or reach out to email@example.com.
Not sure which blood test kit is right for you? Take our quick and easy quiz to find the right match for your health goals!